The future

Makar
Site Admin

The future

Post by Makar »

This one is going to be slow build (one person team).

The idea is going to be either using Unity or Unreal Engine and use the existing graphic and maps to build the base of the game back then re-add all the functions from the vb6 version then move forward!

So the game will remain 2D top down for the retro feel
Nerha

Re: The future

Post by Nerha »

Wow! It's really nice to see someone taking back the project of Era Online and making it back in 2023. Thanks for you effort, I'll surely keep track of your progress. I had so much fun on Era Online back in 1999-2000.
Leroyrobenson

Post by Leroyrobenson »

Loool I'm down to relive this. Let's gooo!
Makar
Site Admin

Post by Makar »

Just slow process I spend few hours on it a week, Just trying to tidy up the orgional client for use on modern pcs then we can go from there!
DavePhelo

Post by DavePhelo »

Hi,

I was thinking about Era Online last night. I used to play it back in the day alongside games like Tibia. It would be great to play it again in 2023 as there really is very little info about it online these days.

Just wondering, do you know if the original source code is still available for download anywhere? I would love to take a look at some of the art assets and listen to some of the audio again. I particularly remember the phrase "names must be of fancy nature in Era Online" :-)

Thanks,
Dave
Makar
Site Admin

Post by Makar »

It use to be on Erlin's website and old VB6 sites It should still be out there